Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why do I want to stand outside all day and spin in the sun?

Okay so today I had the day off and it was sunny and so I went to the park, yeah I walked all the way down to the park which is a long way away, and I went to where it was grassy, it was sunny and windy at the same time, I felt like the Sound of Music, you know that opening scene where Julie Andrews as Maria Von Trap is standing on the top of the hill or the plain in Austria with the Alps in the background and singing "the hills are alove"... well I felt like doing that, and I didn't sing, but I felt the wind on my face, I stretched out my arms like a cross except with no nails in my hands and I stretched EVERYTHING out and then I twirled and I sang in my head, I didn't sing the song out loud but I felt bells, I heard and felt church bells and I sang in my head, and some kids saw me, a whole class of cute adorable little kindergarteners all wearing the same little red shirts with their teacher and the teacher's aide leading them, they saw me and got this expression on their face like WTF? but I didn't care, I just waved right at them like the happy free giggly laughey little great big kid I was. Why do I want to do this all the time? Why not? Why don't you try it someday? Have you ever even entertained the thought of just letting yourself spin in the sun? How did it feel? How would you like it to feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment