Thursday, July 21, 2011

How do i get my dogs to stop killing animals?

I have had my one dog for about 3-4 years and the other for about 2. The first one is a German Shepard/Lab mix and her name is Julie(shes the family dog) and the other is a Pointer/Pitt bull mix and he is Hunter(hes my dog). See i don't train my dogs to kill, I'm not like that but they continuously do it. At first we thought it was just hunter but last night i witnessed them tag teaming a Raccoon. So far since Hunter has been here i'm guessing "they", have killed 3 possums and 2 raccoons. See i absolutely LOVE my dogs, i have raised both since they were puppies. i have trained them the best i possibly can but i can't monitor them 24/7. My parents want to get rid of both of them because they think they will eventually attack someone and they don't want to lose our home. Hunter's like my child, i have to defend him so much but i love my dog. He has been my shoulder to cry on whenever somethings happened and i have had no one else and i just don't have it in me to give him up. Is there anything i can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment